Being single is just as awesome as being in a relationship – if you are doing it right! That being said, if you do want to switch things up and be in a relationship and have struggled with this for 3 or more years, here are the top 10 reasons why this may be why. Enjoy!
You’re not willing to give others your time and energy
- Relationships involve putting in effort, sometimes even when it is not convenient for you. You may spend hours every day on Tinder, POF or Grindr, and/or you go to the bars on weekends searching for that special somebody. But when it comes to making a date- if you can’t even push your gym time back half an hour to fit them in, it is a clear sign that you don’t realize what relationships are all about, and what keeps them together. There are countless upon countless of super sexy, successful men and women out there. Month after month goes by, then year after year goes by and they still wonder. “Why am I still single when I have so much awesomeness going on”? If this sounds like you, consider this point carefully. If you live in a large city and can’t seem to find a date on Friday night can you really blame the millions of other people out there? Of course not. The only common denominator in all of your relationships (or lack thereof) is you. There are plenty of great catches out there, perhaps you just haven’t taken the quality time with them because you have been slightly self-absorbed. That’s okay, the minute you start to give others a real chance, open up, and be willing to give them your time and energy—the world of love might just open its doors to you.
You keep doing the same daily routine and expecting different results
2. This sounds like common sense. But is it really? If you go to the same places, on the same days, and go online on the same sites at the same times every day, you are literally looking at the same pool of fish, day in and day out. It’s time to mix it up. Go out on the other end of town this weekend. Connect with a different group of friends. You have absolutely nothing to lose here. Go a step farther and look at your life and see what ways you could do to possibly see an increase of new faces and meet new people. It’s simple math here; increase the odds of love in your favor.
You don’t have any interest in your own life. No hobbies, no interests. So why would they have an interest in you, if you don’t?
3. If you spend more time creeping others’ lives on the internet other than on working and living in your own life, it is a clear sign that you have lost interest in your own life. If you are not creating your own path and bringing others into it, others are bringing you into theirs. Keep a nice balance. What would being interested in your own life look like? Well for one thing you wouldn’t be on your phone all the time. You would be paying attention to what is happening in the here and now. This one I am working on these days and it is not easy!
You don’t love yourself and the world is following suit
4. When we love ourselves, we give off a special aura of confidence people enjoy being around. Do you REALLY love yourself and think you are amazing? If you don’t, try showing yourself some true love. Eat healthy, exercise, and don’t forget to feed your soul (meditate, walks in nature) and your mind (learning new skills, books). You give and you get. Not the other way around. Take care of yourself and watch how others start to pay a little more attention to you. If you don’t know where to start, that’s okay, reach out to a recommended professional.
You are in a stagnant relationship that you are too afraid to let go of
5. Playing it safe is great for a lot of people. If this is you nothing I write will change that. I can tell you though that you will never ever find that game changing partner if you are clinging on to a past that isn’t serving you anymore.
You have become bitter and jaded, cynical
6. Nobody likes to be around a Debbie Downer. Your friends will put up with you and your family will encourage you to pick up your feet in life. But the bottom line is, people that have a positive outlook and fun attitude attract others while negativity pushes others away. Get over yourself. You were never really hurt in the past, your ego was. Let it go and get back out there and try to enjoy this short time you have here. You’re only going to be this age once in your life so it’s a good idea to be making the most of it.
You have lost faith
7. Yes you have had some bad break ups and have run into some serious assholes. I’m sorry for that, nobody deserves that, really. But if you have given up on finding a partner in this life that is a sure fire way to get exactly that, nothing. To gain big you have to be willing to keep loving the world, without expectations, even when things don’t go as planned.
Your belief systems hold you in place and reinforce your doubts
8. We often have experiences in life and because of such, treat them as the ultimate “truth” of the world. The problem with this is that once we have a specific set of programming in our brain, we unconsciously do everything we can to see and validate these “truths.” If we go out with a few girls/guys that are extremely superficial and come to the conclusion that “all men or woman are superficial”, we set ourselves up for failure and to repeat the same process. Why? Because our brains are always working and we want to be “right” about how we feel. So we seek out the energy of yet another superficial person because it already fits into a story we “know” and are familiar with, while ignoring the down to earth guys or girls and unchartered territory that comes along with it. The result: you once again become validated in your thoughts that you are “right” in your belief and opinion about this, and meet yet another superficial person that you are frustrated with. The problem with this cycle is IT DOESN’T serve you and it’s definitely not the same experience all of us are having. There are plenty of down to earth awesome guys/gals out there; having THIS belief in my brain empowers me, helps me feel good, and puts me in a position of strength to have the correlating experiences that come along with it. You have to be willing to see outside of your own limiting experiences and look at the glass half full if you want different results.
9. Bad breathe and bad body odor are deal breakers for a lot of people. Some guys take this “natural smell” thing a little far. If it’s sour smelling, for the love of God take a shower. When it comes to bad breathe, if you aren’t brushing 3 times daily and flossing then you run the risk of others backing away when you are talking to them….and you can forget any type of kissing. The same runs true with colognes and perfumes. Keep those to a minimum. How do you know if you stink or not? Ask a really great friend to give you some honest truth.
You just haven’t met them yet
10. Relax. Single life is awesome. If YOUR single life is awesome, then it’s likely you don’t really care when your next big loving relationship will come along. It’s also very likely that others will want to be a part of your awesome life. Breakups happen all the time and we are all in the process of life. Enjoy the ride and don’t get stuck in singledom or in a stagnant relationship. Once you have mastered the art of love people will come into your life with ease, and you can flow from being single to being in a relationship (and vice versa) with ease, grace and joy!
There’s a silent epidemic happening and it really needs to stop: Apps, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat; there’s a bazillion ways to connect with people these days. We can send a PM, a like, a woof, or we can swipe left and right among other things, and this is all great. “The hottest person I’ve ever seen in my life started following me on Instagram. YaY!”
As always, with the great comes responsibility and privilege, and we are wasting this opportunity. Think of all the super hotties you know that seem to be chronically single: How does this happen? Can you think of a few people that seem to have the perfect outer shell, decent career, yet don’t seem to have a date most Friday nights? I’m about to let you in on a little secret, for you consistently single heart breaking hotties out there. Sorry trolls, there’s nothing to learn here for you in this post, so feel free to move along.
Every SINGLE quality that we have as an identity has a good and bad side. A double edge sword exists with every label we give ourselves and to others. In this case, being a looker as a man these days with the ripped bod can act as a weight, holding us back. Why? Because, as we all know, attractive people have it a little easier in this world. People are constantly trying to meet us, to be friends with us; and in lots of cases, to hire. The drawback is when we don’t develop our social skills with everybody else. We simply don’t need to most of the time, so sometimes we end up lacking the ability to communicate efficiently. We don’t have to be funny to cope with our feelings, and we never make the attempt at a joke, or we aren’t interesting in conversation because we will get invited to the parties regardless. But, when it comes to relationships, looks become just one of many qualities that can help create a romantic relationship and/or keep it together. If looks are all we have to offer, we’re doomed to be alone.
In some more severe cases, the hottie never has to make any effort in any of his friendships and relationships – over time, they don’t gain the ability and skills to ask people out on dates. They forget to check in on good friends. They don’t realize that they need to make an effort, to plan, or to bring other things to the table with people, so they don’t. They just wait till the other person does, and they usually do; but, eventually, they stop. Around them people have been growing, evolving and developing. The really great catches we want are hot too; but not only that, they want a connection, they want to feel wanted, they need to see effort and investment or they won’t be willing to do the same. The same thing applies to friendships: If it is one sided for too long one by one they will drop off. The good news is we can avoid this.
Guys, now is the time to look at how we are operating in all of our relationships; this includes family, friends, lovers. Are we making an effort in each of these? Are we taking responsibility for our lives in the areas where it matters? Or, are we letting the others do all of the work? I’m not saying overkill and be constantly texting and needy, here. I’m saying if you are hot and lonely, maybe this is one area you could improve upon. Grownups don’t have a lot of time, and they will simply stop investing in people that are not willing to invest in them.
Selfishness will get us nowhere in the long run.
So, STUDs, get out there and get some balance back in your life: Plan a dinner with a friend, ask somebody out. It’s your turn! Don’t miss out on your opportunity.
Give and you shall receive. Give your love and energy out into the world and I promise you will always have amazing people surrounding you.
Comments have been temporarily disabled due to spam:(
*For more information on this or other topics please send your confidential email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I was recently the runner up; 2nd place. Not in the driver’s seat. Having fun moments with somebody I found special, then being disappointed the next. Almost everybody in their lives will go through a situation in which they feel like the runner up. If a certain person was not in their lust interest’s lives, THEY would be the one invited to Christmas dinner, THEY would be invited to their lust interest’s cousin’s wedding. Instead, they get a hot romp once in a while and maybe the odd date. I want to talk about this to help people maneuver through this difficult and confusing time.
First, congratulations! It can be rare to find somebody that makes your heart flutter, and it’s awesome you are getting these moments to share with them. Take a moment to be grateful for these. Maybe this is all this is ever meant to be; that’s okay if you let it be and are not putting yourself in harm’s way.
Second, congratulations! Going through these ups and downs are going to prove critical in your relationship growth and experience. Not only are you reevaluating your boundaries with others, you are discovering what you like and dislike, and want in a relationship. These will be useful for this particular relationship later on, or the next one if you decide to move on (or they do).
Now we need an action plan! I wouldn’t ever leave you hanging!
If you find yourself in this position, I recommend these steps to keep your self-respect high, and move yourself forward towards a healthy relationship. It may not be with this particular person, no one can force someone to like them. If two people are meant to be together to share and to learn, they will be. There must always be a willingness between the two parties.
1. Come up with a 3 strike rule: 3 things you definitely CANNOT and WILL NOT put up with this particular person and relationship. If they get 3 strikes, they are outta here! For example: when I think I’m a runner-up with the person I want to be with; one penalty is “if they invite somebody else instead of me to a special occasion.” If this person does this and I feel left out, I DO NOT get all DRAMA, I don’t even mention it to them. I give them one imaginary strike and move on. Simple as that. I haven’t left it, but I’m also not completely putting up with it. I’m saying to myself that this is something that I know I don’t want.
2. Commit to the strikes you have laid out. IF THEY GET 3 STRIKES, as hot as they may be, you have to move on. This is according to the rules you’ve laid out in your strikes. You need to respect and honor yourself, always and forever. The 3 strikes rule helps guide you through this while having concrete evidence to look back on and make an adult decision.
3. Actually move on. Don’t initiate conversations. Feel free to respond, but it’s time to no longer put in any effort, they already proved they aren’t what you’re after. OR…..
Be open to changing the type of relationship you want with this person.
If 3 strikes happen, dating them seriously is out of the picture. That doesn’t mean you can’t revisit this at a later date. For example, if, by some miracle, they change as a person through their individual experiences, or they split with the person that is their priority interest. Striking out it means it’s definitely not the right time now. If you can disassociate feelings with sex, maybe this person can just be a play thing, or just meant to be a friend or snuggle buddy (somebody who comes over and watches movies or sleeps without the sexual contact).
If you decide from your 3 strike rule this person is definitely not right to be “the one,” it is still very possible that they can just be somebody you have a fun or hot time with once in a while. Is this really so bad? I mean, isn’t that exactly what they have decided to do with you? Sit with this thought for a bit. I don’t mean use them; that would also be disrespecting yourself. I’m saying have an adult conversation where you are both redefining the type of relationship in a way that is not disrespecting either of you. You both can gain something which still leaves room for this unique new relationship to evolve as well. Both parties being completely “in” on it and conscious of it (not fooling themselves). In the meantime, you should definitely be dating and looking elsewhere for that special somebody.
WHAT NOT TO DO
• What NOT TO DO: Manipulate them into what you want. People try this all the time and perhaps they will have fleeting moments of success, but the end result will be nothing more than a distrust and a distant type of relationship in the end. It’s never worth it. By manipulating others you indirectly lower your own respect level even if you don’t notice this, at first. When you lose respect for yourself, others will soon follow suit. We must hold ourselves to a higher standard. If we don’t feel we deserve a healthy, happy relationship and don’t act accordingly, we will find ourselves further and further away from the things that matter most to us.
• What NOT TO DO: Continue along while doing nothing, and being disappointed time and time again. This will result in a breakdown of your self-esteem that may take years to recover. YOU ARE ENOUGH and DESERVE SOMEBODY AMAZING TO LOVE YOU.
• What NOT TO DO: Fight or Flight response. There is something that brought the two of you together, try to find out at least what that was before you move on. Ask yourself, “What have I learned here? What have I learned from being with this person?” Once you know the answer, feel free to move on.
Purchase “Sex, Love & Confidence” here:
Practical Life Coaching: For more information or for assistance and coaching through this type of dating challenge, visit www.studtraining101.com .
Social media can often make or more often, BREAK your dating and love life. How is this? Lets, find out.
Rants. Everybody knows what a social media “rant” is. But have you ever thought of the consequences of the internet airing of frustrations? To put it simply, rants are usually big a DO NOT if you are looking to get more sex in your life or if you are looking to date. So pretty much everybody should be trying to avoid ranting on social media.
Here’s why: When somebody “rants” on social media they send unconscious messages to everybody who reads it, comments on it, and even “likes” it. These messages are almost never positive the way the writer intends. Even if you are “right” about the situation, and people agree with you, it may still come back to haunt you. Let’s see what really happens when somebody rants…..
What the writer thinks when they are posting a rant on social media:
-“I’m so going to get my revenge on that bitch by calling her out on how she did me wrong.”
-“People will agree with me and that will hurt the other person. I’m doing the world a favor by telling them about his injustice.”
-“This rant will also show that nobody should mess with me because I will stick up for myself. People will respect me”
What others perceive about a persons overall character from a “rant” on Facebook or Twitter:
-“Wow that person is really passive aggressive it’s too bad they aren’t mature enough to have handled that situation privately and face to face with that person.”
-“I should be careful about becoming closer friends with that person who rants. Date them? No way. I don’t need anymore drama in my life thank you very much.”
-“Okay, yes I see their point that was so not cool. How is this any of my business though?”
If something happened that is frustrating you to tears, try to get a family member or close friend to talk it over with instead of posting on social media about it. If it is still bothering you, wait a few days until the ego subsides and you have a more clear and level head. If you STILL have to make a Facebook post about it, fine. Do it in a way that doesn’t personalize the issue by filling it with anger and revenge. If you have a grievance, make plans to speak directly to the source of the problem instead of publicly posting about it to get strangers on your side.
When posting on social media always think to yourself: Am I doing this simply to get attention or is this something that is a fact and is important to me. Am I posting this because my ego is hurt or because the real me is actually hurt? Remember, anytime you post on social media you show the world multiple things, including how you handle situations.Keep this in mind next time somebody pisses you off. It’s not worth hurting your sex life over!!
Till next time, and best of luck in your relationship endeavours:)
Get a trainer. Looking into a personal trainer looks extremely expensive at first glance. Not all trainers are worth this money, but the ones who are, are worth every single penny. Get references from friends who have worked with trainers before to find out which one might work for you. When you learn to work out properly, have somebody to help motivate you, and can teach you a variety of exercises, you will maximize your results. Above all, it just makes sense to get an awesome trainer as you will end up saving hundreds if not thousands of dollars, and countless hours of wasted time in the gym. As you get the results you want you have paid for with your time and money, you will gain happiness and confidence to reach even further.
Investing into your physical best self is one very important way that helps to create magnetism. If you invest in yourself, others will too. As you feel stronger, you will feel sexier. When you give off this improved feeling of sexiness, people unconsciously pick up on it. They come into contact with you because the energy feels good and they want some for their selves as well. You know the people that are in maximum top shape that you just can’t keep your eyes off? Why not be this person. We all have the ability to maximize our own potential, and it’s the effort that matters most in terms of magnetism.
Don’t feel up to it? Want to put it off? Then you really don’t want the best for yourself at this time. You don’t want the life you think you deserve. And you don’t want to feel happy and have the awesome sex that you could be having. When you do want these things, when you have finally had enough of the same life, then get your ass up and into the gym. Hire the trainer.
Feeling down? Take it out on the weights. Feeling lethargic? Then go for a run, get your blood pumping. Eventually it will become automatic; and then watch and wait how others react to you. The compliments, the looks, all the added benefits of your hard work paying off as you designed and planned for it. This is your time to win and get what you want. Take what is yours.
Learn to think how fit people think. Have you ever thought to yourself, “what drives some people to get up at 6 or 7am and hit the gym before work”? Well it’s actually quite simple. The gym MAKES YOU FEEL good. It increases what I call your “PERSONAL POWER”. This is your magnetism to people, places, things and events. Every time you hit the gym, go for a run, swim, or head to yoga class you become more powerful in this world. These people understand that good feelings attract other good things. The gym is one of only very few things in this world to give you a positive return, and every single time. You can’t lose by getting and staying in shape. If you love yourself, then you will get moving. When you get moving people pick up on the fact that you respect and love yourself and unconsciously think, “Hey why is this person so special? I might just want to find out why.” And of course this doesn’t include the pages long list I could write on the health benefits.
Respect yourself and your body and it’s only natural for the world to follow along. Of course not everybody will but the ones worthy will. And who will most likely respect your efforts? Probably other fit and in shape people as well because since they also live this lifestyle they understand the dedication, discipline and motivation it takes to get the job done. Let me tell you an uncomfortable truth you may not want to hear; sex is a physical act, which means that people in shape will have an easier physical time having sex. And this is sexy. Sex tends to be a little hotter with tight, hard and in shape people. Not just from looks but from the actual touch of their bodies. If you add on the confidence most people gain by losing weight and gaining muscle then you have a perfect combination for improving your overall sexiness. Now, lets’ get moving. You have nothing to lose, except the weight.
Life is good but wanting it to be great? Wish you were more connected to all the busy people around you?
“I’m the guy you call when you want to have it all”
What I do:
I help men achieve a dramatically improved self worth, self image and a greater sense of connection; this improves their relationships and helps to create new potential ones.
I provide a framework and tools so the Studs In Training become more true to their authentic self and thrive in a new world of possibilities.
Why I do this:
I LOVE seeing positive change when guys decide to take their lives to the next level. The physical/mental and spiritual growth inspires me in return to continue to strive for my own best life. Sharing my experiences and skill set gives me a sense of true purpose and sense of connection with my clients.
I help bring out the STUD in YOU.
Please email email@example.com to register for the course Stud Training 101 (not all applicants will be suitable for this course)